Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Preparation
GRE—Advance your degree!
Seeking a graduate degree? The GRE® General Test measures critical thinking, analytical writing, verbal reasoning, and quantitative reasoning skills that are acquired through academic experience and are not related to any specific field of study. The GRE is required for a variety of master’s degree and doctoral degree programs. Master’s in Education (ME), Social Work (MSW), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Business, and Public Administration programs often require or accept the GRE® General Test.
GRE Prep Class Covers
Quantitative Test topics include:
- Solution strategies for both quantitative comparison and multiple-choice problems
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometric diagrams into solvable equations
- Review of the math concepts frequently tested on the exam
Verbal Test topics include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know all the vocabulary
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Using comparison/contrast clues to solve sentence-completion problems
General Topics Include:
- Solving “Multiple-Right-Answer” questions
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time-management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety • Identifying common distractors
- Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.