International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Preparation
This eight week 16 session workshop prepares prospective students to take the paper-based or computer-delivered International English Language Testing System. The purpose of the course is to improve students’ performance on the IELTS test by:
- Focusing instruction on the specific elements of the IELTS test
- Familiarizing students with question types specific to the IELTS test and its different sections
- Providing practice and instruction with theirreading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
- Identifying the specific challenges posed by the IELTS, and analyzing common test-taking errors
- Providing students with successful test management techniques
- Improving performance and reducing test anxiety through practice testing and the use of authentic materials
Through consistent work, practice, and completion of assignments, students increase their chance of achieving a desirable IELTS score and improve their preparation for university study.
Please visit the International English Language Testing System’s website at https://www.ielts.org/en-us to view information on the IELTS exam.